Wednesday 19 June 2013

Going Home

I've been in the states, saying with my family in Massachusetts, for about a week now.  As time goes on, I'm realizing one of the biggest reasons I had to come back is because I had to make sure my tie living in the states in really over, and, if it was, I had to officially close the chapter on that part of my life.  It is over, and that's not a bad thing.  If I hadn't found my place in the world, a place to belong, a place to give to others, a place where I can be myself with no restrictions, boundaries, or expectations, I would have a much harder time with it.  But, praise God, I have a place in the world where I can not only have everything in the world I want and need, but I can also help others get what they want and need, too.  Nothing can be taken at face value; if it is, so much beauty is missed beyond the outer appearances.  We are capable of change, and of growth.  We don't have to just "settle" for anything.  Just because we say goodbye to one chapter and move onto another, doesn't mean we leave people and places behind.  They will always have a special place in our hearts and in our memories, and they will remain there forever.  OK, enough of the "fortune cookie" banter...time to get up and seize the day! (had to get one more in....)

No comments:

Post a Comment